Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: iva friday 13th
stevegough

posted on 13/4/12 at 06:48 PM Reply With Quote
Ok, Ash - I think we can put this one in the 'Good Fail' classification, so well done! Shame about the coilovers - that shouldn't happen? - How have other Exocet IVAs fared in this respect?

Luego Locost C20XE.
Build start: October 6th 2008.
IVA passed Jan 28th 2011.
First drive Feb 10th 2011.
First show: Stoneleigh 1st/2nd May 2011.
'Used up' first engine may 3rd 2011!
Back on the road with 2nd engine may 24th
First PASA mad drive 26/7/11
Sold to Mike in Methyr Tydvil 19/03/14

Daddylonglegs

posted on 17/4/12 at 11:16 AM Reply With Quote
Well done Ash, as already said, that defintiely qualifies as a good fail . Lets hope it's sorted soon and then it can all be put behind you (just like most of the traffic on the roads )

It looks like the Midget is winning at the moment......

loggyboy

posted on 17/4/12 at 11:46 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ashg
dominator style headlights also provided in the kit failed. the beam pattern was quite simply put bloody appalling (looked at it myself) they also kicked up slightly the wrong way. also the suggestion to rotate the passenger side one by ten degrees so it kicks up was a non starter as it clearly states in the manual that it is not permitted.

I think the idea is to rotate both lenses, not the acctual light. However, its still not an ideal situation and will leave me considering other options as I wanted the neat look of dominators, but it seems they are lacking quality.

40inches

posted on 17/4/12 at 01:17 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ashg

dominator style headlights also provided in the kit failed. the beam pattern was quite simply put bloody appalling (looked at it myself) they also kicked up slightly the wrong way. also the suggestion to rotate the passenger side one by ten degrees so it kicks up was a non starter as it clearly states in the manual that it is not permitted.

[Edited on 13/4/2012 by ashg]

Having fitted Dominator's myself, I have just been in the garage to check them, bit of a relief to find that the dip beam pattern is flat and very well defined. Thankfully.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.