Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: Bruntingthorpe Sat 31st of May
carpy

posted on 30/5/08 at 10:17 AM Reply With Quote
Sat

Is it OK to come even though you down own one of these cars yet? I'm aprospective buyer and I'd quite like a passenger ride in the new MK indy and to have a little nose about & a chat with some owners.

[Edited on 30/5/08 by carpy]

Hellfire

posted on 30/5/08 at 11:27 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by carpy
Is it OK to come even though you down own one of these cars yet? I'm aprospective buyer and I'd quite like a passenger ride in the new MK indy and to have a little nose about & a chat with some owners.

Get yourself along for a few free rides That's what these days are all about.

Phil

Jon Ison

posted on 30/5/08 at 11:30 AM Reply With Quote
Yup, you really do have a problem with kids sometimes..........

asl

posted on 30/5/08 at 05:12 PM Reply With Quote
Hi. Is there a fee for spectators? I was going to bring my MK up but I live 150miles away and couldn't organise a trailer in time so I just going to drive up in my boring car to have a look round and meet people. As I'm new to locost I want to have a nosey at the cars and get some ideas on modifications I can do. See you tomorrow. Nathan
JUD

posted on 30/5/08 at 08:46 PM Reply With Quote
I think it is £5 to sign on as a passenger - which they prefer rather than have people just loitering. There will be loads of cars there to blag a lift with.

Martin

---------------------
MK Indy Blade

JUD

posted on 30/5/08 at 08:48 PM Reply With Quote
Jon - a bit OT, did you make that avatar? If so what software did you use?

Martin

---------------------
MK Indy Blade

Jon Ison

posted on 30/5/08 at 10:08 PM Reply With Quote
Kids, don't you just hate them..........

Its my daughters soding birthday tomorrow, otherwise...........we heeeeeeeee.

avatar, stole it of a site online, just google "gif"

PAUL FISHER

posted on 1/6/08 at 11:19 AM Reply With Quote
Another great day at Bruntingthorpe,although I had a few problems with my own car,thanks to Chris Mason,and "Mad Dave" for helping me out to remove the thermostat,to cure my overheating problem,on the zx10r a pig of a job,small hands essential,just got that done,only to have a rear brakeline rub through which led to a bit of a brown trouser moment,anyway,weather was great,a good turn out of cars,including a nice MNR,and "Grub",aka Phil in his Sprint R,drving it how it should be driven,I did not get a lot of video due to my problems,but will post up what I have.
PAUL FISHER

posted on 1/6/08 at 06:48 PM Reply With Quote
Here you go Chris,just for you,the best fun I had with chasing Phils Sprint R for a couple of laps,I did not have my camera fitted
but here's the best bit Ive got.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0UxE5yVp6A

[Edited on 19/05/04 by PAUL FISHER]

Andy D

posted on 1/6/08 at 07:00 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by PAUL FISHER
Here you go Chris,just for you,the best fun I had with chasing Phils Sprint R for a couple of laps,I did not have my camera fitted

Nice one Paul! what's with overtaking? is it on the left or right? or did you just forget..

PAUL FISHER

posted on 1/6/08 at 07:29 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Andy D
quote:

Nice one Paul! what's with overtaking? is it on the left or right? or did you just forget..

LOL its the only way I could get past him, cheat red mist thats what I blame,I was just having fun,I waiting for him to come through but he must have dabed his brakes,so I just kept going,it did not take him long to pass me again.its difficult to see on the video but he actually was the one who got black flagged,not me, you can see them waving it after he passed me for the 2nd time,but the black flag was for the 1st time he over took me,into the bend,which I thought was ok,I new he was there,all good fun

Andy D

posted on 1/6/08 at 09:15 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Andy D
quote:

LOL its the only way I could get past him, cheat red mist thats what I blame,I was just having fun,I waiting for him to come through but he must have dabed his brakes,so I just kept going,it did not take him long to pass me again.its difficult to see on the video but he actually was the one who got black flagged,not me, you can see them waving it after he passed me for the 2nd time,but the black flag was for the 1st time he over took me,into the bend,which I thought was ok,I new he was there,all good fun

Must admit, when I watched it and the single seater suddenly appeared, I was a bit

PAUL FISHER

posted on 1/6/08 at 09:33 PM Reply With Quote
Chris Mason will be posting Phils video up,so it will be interesting to see it from his car,different track day companys have different rules,I think overtaking like that is ok if its by constent,he new I new he was there,he had been coming passed me all the way up that straight,I did not have to move off my line or throttle off,all makes for a more exciting day in my view

eccsmk

posted on 1/6/08 at 09:37 PM Reply With Quote
once again brilliant video mr fisher
ive just about watched all the ones you have on youtube now

asl

posted on 2/6/08 at 08:22 AM Reply With Quote
Great day out and great video. It was my first time at a track event and had a great time, even though I didn't bring the car! Thanks to JUD (I assume that is your user name) for all the time and advice with the blade and for the v exciting ride around

How often do these MK days take place as I'm definately bringing the car next time

PAUL FISHER

posted on 2/6/08 at 06:14 PM Reply With Quote
How often do these MK days take place as I'm definately bringing the car next time

MK will be running these track days while they are proving so popular,there will be another one towards the end of June/ early July,details will be posted as soon.

JUD

posted on 4/6/08 at 08:57 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by asl
Great day out and great video. It was my first time at a track event and had a great time, even though I didn't bring the car! Thanks to JUD (I assume that is your user name) for all the time and advice with the blade and for the v exciting ride around

No problems

Martin

---------------------
MK Indy Blade

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.