Gordy

posted on 20/6/10 at 12:45 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Toniq-r
[Edited on 19/6/10 by Toniq-r]
Wont be robbing any banks with you mate

A1

posted on 20/6/10 at 12:53 PM Reply With Quote
yea, thing is, 90% of people who drive make bad judgements from time to time.
when I spun it of a roundabout due to ice and terrible tracking setup, everyone here was very nice to me. Yet everybody outside this forum go 'yea right, you were gunning it'
There was no proving who has the bigger balls by trying to overtake each other all the time. If one of us doesnt know the road, they slow down.
We were almost in a pile up caused by a beemer overtaking coming towards us last week...does that mean everyones going to think normal car drivers are all fannies? No, I really don't think so.

Toniq-r

posted on 20/6/10 at 02:50 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gordy
Misjudged overtake? probably but ive seen a couple of photos of crashed cars on here due to bad judgement, nobody mentioned anything about the 'bad for our image' thing then, all they got was sympathy from other members, whats that all about ??
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/forum/13/viewthread.php?tid=137328
You mean this one, wonder if the response would be different if had filmed it. Mmm

By the way lucky you wasnt there as you would have been following him and remember he did have his indicater on to warn other drivers! Bloody CEC they think they own the road

[Edited on 20/6/10 by Gordy]

A1

posted on 20/6/10 at 03:30 PM Reply With Quote
i dont follow. why does that make this guy who didnt crash get more of a bollocking than the example given (who i do feel sorry for) whos overcooked it into a bend so much he had to lock up and crash? he must have been going very fast, as its very hard to put an indy into a bend so fast it cant cope. Im not saying hes a fool or anything, cause these things happen.
ps. the four by four was doing 40, so its not like there was speeding going on. He passed about 5 places where he could have pulled over to let us past, which, youll all agree is just good manners and saves incidents like this happening.

ps. im not trying to blame anyone else, i know, greeny shouldnt have done it, but he knows that too. its a bit harsh for a whole lot of people to start giving him grief aswell.

[Edited on 20/6/10 by A1]

Gordy

posted on 20/6/10 at 09:20 PM Reply With Quote
I blame the guy with the camera, trouble making power ranger! and 'greeny' you need to get yourself a bec
eddie99

posted on 20/6/10 at 09:27 PM Reply With Quote
Back to the video, What engines are in the 3 sevens?

http://www.elitemotorsporteng.co.uk/

Twitter: @Elitemotoreng

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Elite-Motorsport-Engineering/153409081394323

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Gordy

posted on 20/6/10 at 09:34 PM Reply With Quote
Fireblade, R1 and CROSS FLOW

[Edited on 21/6/10 by Gordy]

A1

posted on 21/6/10 at 12:28 AM Reply With Quote
tut tut...see these green folk, forever causing us trouble
kevmcdo

posted on 21/6/10 at 07:23 PM Reply With Quote
Some very interesting posts been put up over the past few days in respect of the video footage taken by Toniq-r.

To make things clear I was the driver of the green car and have found some of the comments pretty much on the ball in respect of what happened on the day of run, some a bit further of the mark.

I will also be the first to put my hand up and say that it was me that screwed up the pass and got just as much as a fright as the guy in the silver car coming the other way who if I ever have the opportunity to meet I will be the first to say my deepest apologies.

I would also like to make it clear that at first when I started the move that has caused all the hysteria I thought fully that I had enough time before the corner to pull back in, that turned out not to be as much as I would have liked but certainly more than the footage portrays.
My miss calculation/judgement So the comments about being a idiot stick in my gut a little, yes it looked very close but I can assure anyone on this site that it is never my intention to put anyones life at risk when out on a run be it by myself or as part of a group.
I am also sure I am not the only person in the community to make such a miss calculation, or am I surrounded by driving gods who don't ever make errors? I do not think so judging by the amount of near miss and full on hit stories that come up now and again!!

Comparisons with other minority motoring groups are also far from relevant and rather narrow minded as not least forget we need to stand side by side each other in times of need, I am sure that some time or another someone on this site may for example need the help of a weekend biker!! Please try to remember weekends are sometimes the only time that some guys get the chance to get away from the stresses of life and our climate is not really suited for year round pleasure on both two or four wheel sports vehicles!!

Anyone not happy with any of the above comments is free to contact me direct and I will be happy to discuss the matter further.

PS
Gordy

Its a cross flow not a pinto!!!!!

Gordy

posted on 21/6/10 at 08:03 PM Reply With Quote
Cross flow, yeh thats what i said
Toniq-r

posted on 21/6/10 at 08:26 PM Reply With Quote
SSh Dont start it up again
Any way just found this bargin
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Reversible-Power-Rangers-suit-costume-Age-5-8-/250651664235?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Clothes_Children_sFancyDress_RL&hash=item 3a5c00df6b

P.S Kev sorry for all this if only I knew how much Interest in this Topic has had would have done it in HD

kevmcdo

posted on 21/6/10 at 08:34 PM Reply With Quote
No worries mate.

If only it came in Green possibly size more than 5 to 8 !!!!!

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.