Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: when does a car become a car?
coyoteboy

posted on 5/1/12 at 11:09 PM Reply With Quote
No, I've not! I'm just going from the tax avoiding types and kids on motorbikes without licenses etc - not exactly normal in a "good" neighbourhood, hence the conclusion jumped to Not really the point though, if it's not reflectored etc up and has sharp edges, it's a danger to other road users and it doesn't belong on the road, it belongs on your drive.
blakep82

posted on 5/1/12 at 11:18 PM Reply With Quote
ah no he's a good lad, he's an apprentice grounds keeper at the golf course, he's got a 50cc bike and license etc now, he just loves bikes since he was about 6 and his dad got him a dirt bike for when they were over at the caravan, and he rode it round the grounds of the caravan park and sometimes on the street when his dad was about, his dad's got his own business as a landscape gardener, and the ones that complain sometimes teach the violin
hard;y a trouble causeing neighbourhood.
as for me, it was either put it on the street as i needed the garage space, or weld my mates car in the street, where i'm sure blinding the residents would cause much more of an issue. its the only time its been off the drive, ever, and i've had it a long time.... a very long time...

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

coyoteboy

posted on 5/1/12 at 11:20 PM Reply With Quote
Well you know what that means then, you need to make more time for it to get it sorted
blakep82

posted on 5/1/12 at 11:22 PM Reply With Quote
damn right! time and money. never got both at the same time lol. when i've got either, i'm usually lacking skill ha ha

IVA manual link http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?type=RESOURCES&itemId=1081997083

don't write OT on a new thread title, you're creating the topic, everything you write is very much ON topic!

RK

posted on 5/1/12 at 11:36 PM Reply With Quote
From the sound of the way your country operates, you'll be in the slammer for at least 5 years, maybe more, depending on Mrs. Kravitz down the street's testimony as to your unsavory character. Don't worry, I'm sure someone will come to visit you!
Ninehigh

posted on 6/1/12 at 02:14 AM Reply With Quote
True I've found in my experience that what it is you're doing, well it's wrong here's a ticket...

JonBowden

posted on 6/1/12 at 09:42 AM Reply With Quote
Just a thought, car dealers temporarily park new unregistered vehicles on the road during delivery - the cops don't seem to mind.
Clearly this is not the same as parking for a few days.

Jon

mad4x4

posted on 6/1/12 at 09:51 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by JonBowden
Just a thought, car dealers temporarily park new unregistered vehicles on the road during delivery - the cops don't seem to mind.
Clearly this is not the same as parking for a few days.

But it the police got shirty the dealer would stick his trade plates on which seem to have Police & Law repelling powers.

Scot's do it better in Kilts.

MK INDY's Don't Self Centre Regardless of MK Setting !

jollygreengiant

posted on 6/1/12 at 10:22 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeR
I'd guess the definition of self propell is could it reasonably self propell. If you add fuel it will go. If you fix the plug lead it will go etc etc.

If it has no engine, gearbox, propshaft then its pretty impossible for it to go without major work.

(all guesswork & looking forward to the answer as it could be interesting)

As I said, it was before SORN (probably about 20 years before) and the point behind it was that it had no engine, gearbox or propshaft, therefore it was impossible to drive at all. I think that you will find that the definition of a 'motor vehicle' has since been re-drawn and as such until it is registered now there is probably little that they could do, after all. until such time as it is registered as a 'motor vehicle' it could just be a work of art in progress that resembles a vehicle.

Once something is 'registered' as a 'motor vehicle' of what ever type or class then the powers that be seem to have you by the proverbials and it must taxed, test, and insured or SORN'ed and clearly off the public highway or right of way. Whether it has an engine and drive train or not.

edit bit.

Times and legalities have changed greatly since the 50's, back in the 50's it was legal to have a gun in your house to defend your property against burglars, now we have to make sure that they don't hurt themselves whilst on our property. Governemts these days are all about control and 'taxation'. The motorist now is just another source of finance to the government, you are damned if you do and damned if you don't.

Rant over.
JGG

[Edited on 6/1/12 by jollygreengiant]

Beware of the Goldfish in the tulip mines. The ONLY defence against them is smoking peanut butter sandwiches.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.