Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: So... what speed do you think the Lambo was doing?
David Jenkins

posted on 2/4/14 at 02:46 PM Reply With Quote
And... I must apologise (slightly) for posting this on 1st April... It was a genuine accident, but I just knew that it would wind people up!

In reality - unless you could see what everyone was doing just before the accident, there is no way you could attribute blame.

jeffw

posted on 2/4/14 at 02:56 PM Reply With Quote
So the Mazda driver tells his insurance that he pulled out into the path of a Lambo, had an expensive collision and it it the Lambo drivers fault....Can't see that playing well.

JoelP

posted on 2/4/14 at 04:37 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ravingfool
quote:
Originally posted by JoelP
I think the lambo driver has seen the mazda creeping out and assumed that he was going to pull out behind him, then tried to drive round him as the gap narrowed, and realised too late that the MUPPET in the mazda was actually in a say dream and had failed to give way.

Ravingfool, without getting on your case, I'm quite alarmed that anyone with a driving licence could think that the mazda is not to blame. Are you in the habit of pulling out in front of people like that?

Ha, no. But neither am I in the habit of driving into cars that have (foolishly, recklessly or otherwise) blocked the road because I'm doing an appropriate speed for the conditions. What about you, without getting on your case?

People have pulled out on me many times, and I've not hit one yet. However if I ever do then that's just how it is, and I'll be claiming on their insurance.

Beware! Bourettes is binfectious.

ravingfool

posted on 2/4/14 at 04:53 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by David Jenkins
And... I must apologise (slightly) for posting this on 1st April... It was a genuine accident, but I just knew that it would wind people up!

In reality - unless you could see what everyone was doing just before the accident, there is no way you could attribute blame.

I think you're right David but I like to stick up for the mazda because everyone's laying into them!

Re JoelP

The real problem I have with the lambo is that it doesn't brake on the video until after he's hit everything. If he did his best to avoid a collision with the encroaching mazda and still hit it then fine. Probably the Mazda's fault (although I've seen a picture of the road which seems to indicate it's wide enough for both of them where they were despite the parked cars and maybe the lambo just cocked up on judging the width of his car as he was driving in his lane past the mazda - it is only a glancing blow really).

But because he didn't brake then I suspect either speeding or lack of attention.

I know you're saying that if you pull into a main road it's your duty to only do so when safe which is generally true, but if you're driving along that main road you've also got a duty to drive with all due care and attention too and that includes slowing down and stopping if necessary when something is either in your way or pulling into your way.

Simon

posted on 2/4/14 at 06:43 PM Reply With Quote
It's the Mazda's fault (much as I'd like'd to have blamed the Audi driver )

The Audi driver has right of way, and even if he'd been breaking the limit, he still had right of way, and would be deemed in the right/not at fault.

The Mazda driver is on a hatched area during the crash - not illegal as no joined lines, but they are to separate traffic and will be deemed at fault.

You shouldn't cause another driver to slow down or deviate. I'd say getting airborn is deviating

ATB

Simon

02GF74

posted on 5/4/14 at 08:22 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Irony
The Lambo wasn't breaking until after the initial impact.

well is certainly broke after the accident.

I sit in the "it is the mazda's fault" camp. if I had that lambo, I would certainly be a hell of a lot more wary of other traffic, i'd probalby never drive it in london or big cities , in fact, i'd be so worried about getting it damaged or vandalised i;d never drive but ...... but then if i had the cash to buy one in the first place, i'd proably have enough money to fix or buy another so it wouldn't matter.

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.