Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Hospital on tuesday!
chrisf

posted on 22/2/08 at 03:26 PM Reply With Quote
Liam needs an iPhone

I'll ring you in an hour or so to dicuss, but I may drive to OKC on Tues. My thoughts are with you and Laura.

--ATB, Chris

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
liam.mccaffrey

posted on 22/2/08 at 03:55 PM Reply With Quote
good one chris!!

thank you everyone, im overhwelmed by all the response. maybe this is reason i wanted to tell al you guys. thank you for the support. Ill have pictures of seven in hospital with me and also the laptop. hopefully ill be able to get online in there

ill keep you all posted

Build Blog
Build Photo Album

Jubal

posted on 25/2/08 at 11:16 AM Reply With Quote
Good luck for tomorrow! Seven years ago I was in exactly the same situation as you, with broadly similar symptoms. I got the news I was dreading but here I still am, annoying folk and enjoying life. I went through it all (surgery, chemo etc). None of it was easy, but it's all doable. Keep positive.
iank

posted on 25/2/08 at 12:05 PM Reply With Quote
Good luck Liam, everything is crossed for good news,

--
Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience.
Anonymous

Peteff

posted on 25/2/08 at 04:23 PM Reply With Quote
Best of luck Liam.

I was in hospital a fortnight back for a bladder cancer removal. I was only in overnight and was sent home with a catheter fitted for 5 days and can't do anything heavy for a month (not even heavy petting ) I have to wait for the biopsy results and have to go back in 3 months for a repeat cystoscopy (which is really alternative, imagine shoving a flexible biro down the end of your willy). Anyway I hope you are keeping your spirits up as I got a bit down when I was told about mine but as the Doctor said, it's better to know about it and do something than to leave it and be too late. edit to add:- The catheter removal stings a bit as well and they don't let you go home till you've done two wees and they measure it (the wee that is)

[Edited on 25/2/08 by Peteff]

yours, Pete

I went into the RSPCA office the other day. It was so small you could hardly swing a cat in there.

Mr Whippy

posted on 25/2/08 at 04:30 PM Reply With Quote
and there's me thinking I've got it bad having drunk so much coffee I've given myself a headache…

Good luck tomorrow, if you’ve got a lappy how about fitting a web cam so we can watch the op? We could heckle the surgeon and tell him how he’s doing it all wrong

'Don't use that use ducktape!!'

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
zilspeed

posted on 28/2/08 at 08:46 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Peteff
I was in hospital a fortnight back for a bladder cancer removal. I was only in overnight and was sent home with a catheter fitted for 5 days and can't do anything heavy for a month (not even heavy petting ) I have to wait for the biopsy results and have to go back in 3 months for a repeat cystoscopy (which is really alternative, imagine shoving a flexible biro down the end of your willy). Anyway I hope you are keeping your spirits up as I got a bit down when I was told about mine but as the Doctor said, it's better to know about it and do something than to leave it and be too late. edit to add:- The catheter removal stings a bit as well and they don't let you go home till you've done two wees and they measure it (the wee that is)

[Edited on 25/2/08 by Peteff]

I F$$%ing knew you had been quiet recently.

The best of luck / vibes to you both lads.
Keep thinking positive. It's very very important.

Give them hell !!!

andybod

posted on 28/2/08 at 09:01 PM Reply With Quote
all the best keep us all informed on your progress andy
Tralfaz

posted on 28/2/08 at 09:23 PM Reply With Quote
If I can help in any way let me know. Should be able to post you something in a day or two from the East Coast.

Brian

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.