Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply
Author: Subject: New 7 from Road Runner Racing
franky

posted on 23/12/09 at 10:41 AM Reply With Quote
When I spoke to dax a few weeks ago they're designing a car on bmw running gear as there's plenty of them around. not going to use the engine though as they have trouble with the wiring So weren't looking at the engines.

MX5 is a good idea however they're aren't as plentyful as 3 series etc.

PAUL FISHER

posted on 23/12/09 at 12:19 PM Reply With Quote
Heres a picture of the front upright,as you can see they are very small,as light,but no doubt stronger than the raceleada set up I had on my old Indy.The suspension is fully rose jointed front and rear as standard,the chassis is all round tube laser cut,it looked strong but was very light when I lifted it.The chassis has been designed by Dave flavel,AKA (Mad Dave),the same guy that designed the new MK Indy R,so Ive not doubt its going to handle as well as it looks.
I would agree with the comments that it has a look of a westfield FW400 etc,which is not a bad thing,but I think there's enough differences not to cause problems with westfield,Road Runner Racing have made there own moulds etc so I cant see a problem, the quality of the bodywork was one of the things that impressed me the most,certainly on par with westfield,I will be looking forward to seeing this car completed over the next few weeks,and sat on a set of 13" wheels

afj

posted on 23/12/09 at 12:26 PM Reply With Quote
Is the lower shock mounting adjustable

eerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

TimC

posted on 23/12/09 at 12:31 PM Reply With Quote
That looks like it uses the rose-joints articulated so that the bolts run top-to-bottom as in a formula car. Will be interesting to see if there is enough freedom of movement under bump and droop, particularly in a road set-up.

PAUL FISHER

posted on 23/12/09 at 12:31 PM Reply With Quote
Yes Alan,both front and rear are adjustable for ride height,very trick
MikeR

posted on 23/12/09 at 12:33 PM Reply With Quote
I was just thinking it looks a little strange.

Curious as to the pricing of this - from what i've seen the bodywork does look like it should be on an expensive car.

Triton

posted on 23/12/09 at 05:54 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Humbug
quote:
Originally posted by Triton
When will someone do something different for a change instead of yet another 7....looks like the FW400 westy in some ways so not an original idea

...like a full body car, maybe?

What happened to that project?

Saturn sports cars now have the original moulds along with the Haynes Roadster moulds.

The kit Industry should be making "mad cars" not copying each other like the big boys do...all very boring if you ask me.

My Daughter has taken over production of the damn fine Triton race seats and her contact email is emmatrs@live.co.uk.

www.tritonraceseats.com

www.hairyhedgehog.com

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
G.Man

posted on 24/12/09 at 10:53 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeR
Few things spring to mind ....

Westfield will be talking to their lawyers - cause that looks a bit like a westfield and i think will take potential customers

He still hasn't learn to triangulate the engine bay - its a gaping bit hole unless i've missed some tubes!

He's finally solved the wing stay breaking problem

GRP is VERY nice

The Holes in the nose whilst westfieldesque are different enough to probably cause no issues legally.

Quite like the car, and MX5 kits are certainly the way forward these days.

Opinions are like backsides..
Everyone has one, nobody wants to hear it and only other peoples stink!

Hellfire

posted on 24/12/09 at 03:05 PM Reply With Quote
Are they housings for projector headlights on the side? If so, I reckon it'll look great when lights are fitted Quality of the GRP looks good too. Gonna have to pop down there after Christmas to have a closer look. It looks promising....

Phil

MikeRJ

posted on 24/12/09 at 03:48 PM Reply With Quote
One thing I will say from having an early Striker, one piece nose/bonnets are an utter PITA!
PAUL FISHER

posted on 24/12/09 at 03:54 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Hellfire
Are they housings for projector headlights on the side? If so, I reckon it'll look great when lights are fitted Quality of the GRP looks good too. Gonna have to pop down there after Christmas to have a closer look. It looks promising....

Phil

No Phil they are not for lights,there's just the one on the near side of the car,its for a air feed for the engine
There's also going to be a built-in radiator duct taking air from the radiator straight out of the vents on top of the bonnet,I was most impressed,its a bit special,you do need to pop down for a nosey.

PAUL FISHER

posted on 24/12/09 at 04:01 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by MikeRJ
One thing I will say from having an early Striker, one piece nose/bonnets are an utter PITA!

Unless they are hinged and on gas struts that is,I think having it in one piece gives the car much better lines.

spiderman01980

posted on 26/12/09 at 08:28 PM Reply With Quote
very very nice but how much is the kit?
MikeR

posted on 26/12/09 at 08:39 PM Reply With Quote
IrvineD has made his into a one piece and seems to really like it!
scootz

posted on 27/12/09 at 05:14 PM Reply With Quote
It's a nice enough kit, but is there really a market for yet another Se7en?

It's Evolution Baby!

chris mason

posted on 28/12/09 at 07:50 PM Reply With Quote
looks pretty good to me

My 7 days are done but if i was in the market for one then i'd deffinately take a closer look (like the diffuser)

As for the question a lot of people ask " is there a need for another 7 manufacturer"

Well that depends on what they bring to the table, to me that car albeit from a few pictures, seems to have a really nice rear end (ooerrr) unlike the slab backed ones that most sell.

It's hard to see much of the chassis, but if it is really built from all laser profiled tube, then the accuracy is going to be pretty much spot on, so as long as the design is good, it will probably rank up there with the best of all 7 chassis.

On a different note, having dealt with Kev at Road Runner Racing a few years ago when i had the single seater, i'm sure any buyer will not find a more honest and helpfull manufacturer out there.

Good luck with the project. (green's not my thing though )

Chris

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.