Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Michael Schumacher
woodster

posted on 30/12/13 at 12:11 AM Reply With Quote
Hopefully coozers just been on the whiskey and tomorrow when he wakes up with the mother of all hangovers he'll read his posts and apologise ....... Fingers crossed that Michael gets well soon and thoughts go out to his poor family
coozer

posted on 30/12/13 at 12:35 AM Reply With Quote
No whiskey, or food, or anything since boxing day #ill, but deleted all me posts cause I feel like a right c*nt now.

1972 V8 Jago

1980 Z750

craig1410

posted on 30/12/13 at 01:08 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by coozer
No whiskey, or food, or anything since boxing day #ill, but deleted all me posts cause I feel like a right c*nt now.

I don't condone what you said earlier coozer but sounds like you've had a change of heart and I applaud you for that. I suggest we all draw a line under this now and direct our energies (if we feel so inclined) towards wishing Michael a full and speedy recovery.

I was never a fan of Schumi but respect and admire his achievements in F1. His competitive instinct may have pushed the limits of the rules at times but we are all flawed so we shouldn't be too quick to judge him. It would be a cruel irony indeed if he was seriously injured or killed having retired from 'dangerous' F1 to enjoy time with his family.

Come on Schumi, time for one of those blistering qualy laps you were famous for!

[Edited on 30/12/2013 by craig1410]

Hopley89

posted on 30/12/13 at 07:51 AM Reply With Quote
Still not looking good for him
Yea his in a induced coma and will be for the next couple of days to monitor his brain pressure
And make sure he doesn't get another clot

Get well soon

craig1410

posted on 30/12/13 at 08:09 AM Reply With Quote
He's clearly had a serious injury but so did Massa in 2009 and pulled through. Even worse was the terrible injury suffered by Maria de Villota and she made a remarkable recovery initially albeit died many months later from probable complications. We should remember that these are not normal people, they are super-fit, competitive men and women and their capacity for recovery is very high.

A positive mental attitude is key to overcome any challenge not just for the patient but also those supporting him.

russbost

posted on 30/12/13 at 10:11 AM Reply With Quote
The guy is a fighter, let's just hope for a full recovery.

I no longer run Furore Products or Furore Cars Ltd, but would still highly recommend them for Acewell dashes, projector headlights, dominator headlights, indicators, mirrors etc, best prices in the UK! Take a look at http://www.furoreproducts.co.uk/ or find more parts on Ebay, user names furoreltd & furoreproducts, discounts available for LCB users.
Don't forget Stainless Steel Braided brake hoses, made to your exact requirements in any of around 16 colours. http://shop.ebay.co.uk/furoreproducts/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
britishtrident

posted on 30/12/13 at 10:13 AM Reply With Quote
It looks very serious I hope he pulls through but let's not make him out to be a saint .

[I] “ What use our work, Bennet, if we cannot care for those we love? .”
― From BBC TV/Amazon's Ripper Street.
[/I]

theconrodkid

posted on 30/12/13 at 10:29 AM Reply With Quote
not looking good acording to the press confrence
pinkies crossed anyhow

who cares who wins
pass the pork pies

ashg

posted on 30/12/13 at 12:54 PM Reply With Quote
I have met Michael on a couple of occasions and he is nothing other than a really nice bloke, friendly and polite. Coozer what you said was cold, mean and heartless I hope you feel bad about what you said.

Thoughts out to Michael and his family

Anything With Tits or Wheels Will cost you MONEY!!

Haynes Roadster (Finished)
Exocet (Finished & Sold)
New Project (Started)

slingshot2000

posted on 30/12/13 at 12:54 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by britishtrident
It looks very serious I hope he pulls through but let's not make him out to be a saint .

I agree, totally !

S2kPower

posted on 30/12/13 at 01:06 PM Reply With Quote
This guy is a good person to follow for an informed view of what's going on

https://twitter.com/former_f1doc

He mentioned yesterday that a 2nd operation wouldn't be a good sign at this point, which luckily hasn't happened

rusty nuts

posted on 30/12/13 at 01:30 PM Reply With Quote
My thoughts are with his family. I know how they feel.
S2kPower

posted on 31/12/13 at 02:34 PM Reply With Quote
http://formerf1doc.wordpress.com/2013/12/31/tuesday-press-conference-take-1/
loggyboy

posted on 8/1/14 at 11:29 AM Reply With Quote
It seems his video camera confirms he was applying the rules when he had the accident. So those who assumed he would be skiing unsafely ...
Sadly a lot of people deleted their posts which I think is silly, but hey ho.

Heres to wishing him a speedy recovery.

Mistral Motorsport

craig1410

posted on 8/1/14 at 12:13 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by loggyboy
It seems his video camera confirms he was applying the rules when he had the accident. So those who assumed he would be skiing unsafely ...
Sadly a lot of people deleted their posts which I think is silly, but hey ho.

Heres to wishing him a speedy recovery.

I don't actually recall anyone on this thread saying he was skiing unsafely - maybe they did. I've read stories elsewhere about his helmet allegedly being cracked in 3 pieces and him doing 60MPH according to a witness but I never paid much heed tbh. He was off-piste but by the sounds of it only just, and my own view is that, as an experienced skier, that was his call to make. He's in a much better position to assess risk than any of us and probably a better skier than most if not all of us too.

Hopefully we'll get some more encouraging news soon of his gradual recovery. I would like to hear of him being woken up and being able to communicate normally with the doctors and his family soon. That's the next big milestone for me.

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.