Hammerhead

posted on 5/11/08 at 11:22 AM Reply With Quote
My effort:

Hammerhead

posted on 5/11/08 at 11:32 AM Reply With Quote
or this:

Hammerhead

posted on 5/11/08 at 11:48 AM Reply With Quote
had a play with a different view. Hope you don't mind?

Alan B

posted on 5/11/08 at 11:57 AM Reply With Quote
Wow guys you've been busy....some really good ideas and all doable just for sake of changing a side panel...

Thanks everyone, plenty of food for thought.

Fozzie, looking what Hammerhead did at the sides of the nose I see what you mean about possibly using mesh there.

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
JC

posted on 5/11/08 at 04:21 PM Reply With Quote
Alan,

My ten penneths worth! A small detail to help break up the shape. Hope you like it!
Description
Description

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
JC

posted on 5/11/08 at 04:21 PM Reply With Quote
Alan,

My ten penneths worth! A small detail to help break up the shape. Hope you like it!
Description
Description

Dick Bear

posted on 6/11/08 at 07:18 PM Reply With Quote
Alan, may I suggest this as a possibility. It could be accomplished by either metalshaping, fiberglass mold or form in addition to vaccu-form.

Dick Bear Rescued attachment 1A.jpg
Rescued attachment 1A.jpg

www.marketpointproductions.com

Dick Bear

posted on 6/11/08 at 07:24 PM Reply With Quote
OR THIS Rescued attachment 1- B.jpg
Rescued attachment 1- B.jpg

Dick Bear

posted on 6/11/08 at 10:26 PM Reply With Quote
Vinyl panels

Pardon my frequency Alan ... but thinking further along the lines of panels for exposed skeletons, ie Ariel Adam, I've often wondered how the idea of vinyl or a variety of other soft materials might be received by those interested in such vehicles. Those interested have obviously negated any issues of protection relating to the traditional shell and may, therefore be receptive to other possibilities.

Here is a quick illustration of canvas or vinyl on your partially finished frame. The marketing possibilities are endless as the concept is perfect for the hopelessly fickle owner who would recognize immediately the opportunity to change colors instantly or for the fashion minded individual who would quickly identify the possibilities of color-coordinating his ride with his/her wearing appeal.

Crazy? Perhaps, but crazy like a chameleon (Anole).

Dick Bear Rescued attachment Vinyl panels.jpg
Rescued attachment Vinyl panels.jpg

Alan B

posted on 7/11/08 at 12:43 AM Reply With Quote
Dick, (and everyone really) please comment and alter pictures as much as you like....it's very theraputic and the pixels can't feel a thing..

It's funny how ideas come and go, disappear then re-appear..in particular in looking at your second version Dick it reminded me of one of my earlier versions
Link here even down to the little step on the side...so obviously I am going to say I like your ideas..

Also smiled at the cloth sides because of it's sheer simplicity...it would make a great advertising vehicle...

Again, thanks to everyone for the great feedback

Doug68

posted on 7/11/08 at 12:47 AM Reply With Quote
I like Dick's idea instead of a soft-top, soft-sides.
I think it'd look "all business" like a soft top 4x4 does.
I'd put them on the inside of the frame though to still expose the tube work.

Doug. 1TG
Sports Car Builders WA

Garbrand

posted on 15/11/08 at 07:15 PM Reply With Quote
Here, I had a go

Had a go with Photoshop. Pulled up the side graphic a bit, makes it look a little faster ;-)

Tiki in orange
Tiki in orange

Garagistes!

cloudy

posted on 15/11/08 at 09:43 PM Reply With Quote
Gabrand. Nail. Head. Hit.

[Edited on 15/11/08 by cloudy]

Alan B

posted on 16/11/08 at 12:42 PM Reply With Quote
Oh nice...I like that

Thanks

Gakes

posted on 16/11/08 at 10:50 PM Reply With Quote
love the colour and the side, i just think the bonnet needs more thought,

[Edited on 16/11/08 by Gakes]

Description
Description

Gakes

posted on 16/11/08 at 11:08 PM Reply With Quote
how about these suttle changes?: Rescued attachment 2tiki copy.jpg
Rescued attachment 2tiki copy.jpg

Description
Description

Garbrand

posted on 18/11/08 at 09:46 AM Reply With Quote
Nice, I like the your matt-black frame (also on your build, looks great!).

How about a simple graphic on the nose to visually distribute some weight, make the car even out a bit without adding the bulge over the engine:

Tiki with some more graphics
Tiki with some more graphics

Garagistes!

Alan B

posted on 18/11/08 at 12:27 PM Reply With Quote
Oh...nice...damn, so many really nice ideas. Seems to be a popular platform for creative input.

Thanks everyone.

Next step is to mount my lights...they are the typical 7" round seven style units.

sgraber

posted on 18/11/08 at 02:39 PM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alan B
Oh...nice...damn, so many really nice ideas. Seems to be a popular platform for creative input.

Thanks everyone.

Next step is to mount my lights...they are the typical 7" round seven style units.

Garbrands Blue one (2 posts up) gets my vote by a wide margin. The aero-screen look balances the visual weight of the car very nicely. It can be as simple as paint, or as complex as perspex..

WRT lights, have you considered using the smaller units such as the 50mm hella's in a stylish housing? (See Cloudy's middy and other recent atomesques for example). I think the 7"ers will ruin the lines faster than a fat chick in a Dallas Cowboy's cheerleader outfit.

Steve Graber
http://www.grabercars.com/

"Quickness through lightness"

Alan B

posted on 18/11/08 at 03:15 PM Reply With Quote
Steve, I hear you re: the lights...trouble is a) I have the 7" round b) the cost of the Hella's c) mounting the Hellas...I wish there was a self cointained housing available.

Damn, I hate all this compromising...

cloudy

posted on 18/11/08 at 04:36 PM Reply With Quote
Alan, Russ of Furore cars (on this forum) sells the ones I have off the shelf, with the enclosure. Well priced - and high quality, in my mind the only product on the market that looks good on a middy

Drop him a U2U and see if he can ship one out to you there

www.warnercars.com

Alan B

posted on 18/11/08 at 05:41 PM Reply With Quote
Cloudy, thanks, I'll check it out.

ETA. I checked them....look great, but I managed to find some similar ones over here so they are on the way....I started a new thread...

Alan

[Edited on 19/11/08 by Alan B]

<<  1    2  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.