Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: Mid Engined Gear Linkage Problem
eddie99

posted on 31/3/12 at 09:50 AM Reply With Quote
All brackets done, just emailing them to you now in DXF format. Sorry for the delay

http://www.elitemotorsporteng.co.uk/

Twitter: @Elitemotoreng

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Elite-Motorsport-Engineering/153409081394323

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
Mr C

posted on 31/3/12 at 02:04 PM Reply With Quote
Ed thank you again for doing this, the drawings look good.

Russ, I've forwarded the files to you along with quantities I was after them cut in 3mm steel or what ever the closest measurement is to that.

Thank you both for your assistance with this.

Mike

Girl walks into a bar and asks for a double entendre, so the barman gave her one

Mr C

posted on 21/4/12 at 02:53 PM Reply With Quote
Just a Brief update and big thanks to Russ and Eddie,for helping me immensely with this. I've now got the brackets and plates and been to screwloose for a few fixings and am spending the rest of the weekend working on this. Hopefully I'll crack it this time, if not there might be some broken v-storm components going cheap!! I'll keep you informed one way or another.

Girl walks into a bar and asks for a double entendre, so the barman gave her one

Mr C

posted on 21/4/12 at 09:00 PM Reply With Quote
Front part assembled, will need dismantling and painting at some point once it works hopefully. Russ and Eddie you can see the results of your invaluable assistance. Hopefully I'll have the back end connected in an hour or so and I'll find out if the blood sweat and tears are worth it

Mr C

posted on 22/4/12 at 12:44 AM Reply With Quote
All done and all working all bar a bit of paint. Thanks to all for inputing ideas, providing support and generally taking an interest Eddie and Russ I can't thank you both enough.

Link to short video clip linky

(I need to paint that bolt as well!)

eddie99

posted on 22/4/12 at 06:29 AM Reply With Quote
Looks good!

http://www.elitemotorsporteng.co.uk/

Twitter: @Elitemotoreng

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Elite-Motorsport-Engineering/153409081394323

NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
v8kid

posted on 22/4/12 at 07:20 AM Reply With Quote
There appears to be quite a lot of flexing in the support connected to the gearbox input shaft. Have you tried it on the road?

You'd be surprised how quickly the sales people at B&Q try and assist you after ignoring you for the past 15 minutes when you try and start a chainsaw

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
Mr C

posted on 22/4/12 at 09:36 AM Reply With Quote
quote:
Originally posted by v8kid
There appears to be quite a lot of flexing in the support connected to the gearbox input shaft. Have you tried it on the road?

Its 10mm stainless bar, bolted to the selector shaft mount, it was flexing slightly probably because I was forcing it through some of the gears without using the clutch and engine not running. in practice the gears should go in easier. Not unduly worried about it. I can get another selector shaft mount made if required to a slightly different design. The cars not quite finished to road test unfortunately.

<<  1    2    3  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.