Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  27    28    29    30    31    32    33  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 2004 MK Indy Busa Project
Ben_Copeland

posted on 6/3/14 at 12:39 PM Reply With Quote
Yeah, bloody hell. Did it hit something or just break up? It seems really close to the floor from that video you sent me

Ben

Locost Map on Google Maps

Z20LET Astra Turbo, into a Haynes Roadster

Enter Your Details Here
http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts for all your bodywork needs!

yellowcab

posted on 6/3/14 at 12:47 PM Reply With Quote
Not sure until Pay investigates further

It's protected frontwards by the bell housing so nothing could have hit it, seems like a weak fracture or something, I know it was new when he put his seq in!

Ben_Copeland

posted on 6/3/14 at 01:06 PM Reply With Quote
Scary, good job it didn't go through the side panel into peddle area!

Ben

Locost Map on Google Maps

Z20LET Astra Turbo, into a Haynes Roadster

Enter Your Details Here
http://www.facebook.com/EquinoxProducts for all your bodywork needs!

yellowcab

posted on 6/3/14 at 01:12 PM Reply With Quote
Just glad he didn't run an inspection plate, otherwise it would have kept the debris inside the already spinning fast flywheel at 8krpm, ouch!

Glad it exited when it did and caused no further damage!

yellowcab

posted on 7/3/14 at 12:27 AM Reply With Quote
Not much of an update tonight, just preparing for Cadwell Park track day, first one for me of 2014… on Saturday 8th March followed by Blyton the following Saturday (15th March) providing it doesn't blow up

So as I'm selling my original MK Indy nosecone tomorrow, I took some side by side photos of both so people can see the difference should another Donkervoort style one come up for sale, the biggest difference for me is that the original MK Indy nose has bulges either side just behind where there indicators sit, which cover the front of the chassis. The MK Indy nose also sticks out further by another inch at the top, but obviously it slopes away to nothing as it goes down, whereas the Donkervoort sticks its chin out lol

Swapped over my bike indicators, and rewired them up

As my theme is yellow & carbon, or yellow & black, my homemade Longacre mirror mounts have always bugged me in photos as (imo) they stick out like a sore thumb being the only visible thing externally that is bare ally/ silver

Wrapped em up

Much better… but I don't like that ally thing in the background

Sorted

Thanks to daveb666 I've bought some carbon seats too I'll be removing the cushioning stuff, and just doing carpet like I've done on my current seats

Any in view of my track day, I've stuck my front diffuser back on with sump guard just incase of any mishaps onto the bumpy grass

daveb666

posted on 7/3/14 at 07:50 AM Reply With Quote
More than happy to help Olly

2007bc Photography - Commercial and Wedding Photographer based in West Yorkshire

http://www.2007bc.co.uk / http://www.huddersfieldcommercialphotographer.co.uk

keithjardine

posted on 7/3/14 at 11:49 AM Reply With Quote
These any good to prevent ramp flinging (not the prettiest granted)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_sacat=0&_nkw=trailer+antiluce&_frs=1

yellowcab

posted on 8/3/14 at 06:50 PM Reply With Quote
Cheers Keith - thats precisely what I'm after!

So today was Cadwell Park, the first track day of mine for 2014… now Cadwell Park holds a few memories for me - mainly being my personal favourite of the country from back in my Nova days, suited my driving style along with the old XE with Quaife straight-cut gearbox…. however I stacked it into the barriers at Park Corner… so there were little demons today….

Lets rewind, last night in my preparation for today - I decided to check my oil level, with it being midnight (what other time would you do such a thing?!) I didn't want to start the car, so I stupidly checked my dry sump tank and realised it was low on oil… so in my bleary eyed way… what did I do? Yes of course, I topped it up…. I thought - good job I checked, I thought…

So my trailers maiden voyage went completely without a hitch (sorry, couldn't resist) and was perfect all the way there, despite only being 90 miles from us, its completely across country up the A46 so took about 2 hours there abouts

Got the Cadwell, got car off trailer - sorted. Noise check… they spotted it was BEC, they spotted it was 11k/12k rev limit, so they asked me for 7krpm… so up I go, 103dB, thats cool with me - I'm there.

Got back to my parking space next to my trailer, to what can only be described as the Exorcist scene of oil, instead of blood… absolutely everywhere - couldn't think for the life of me where it was gushing from.

Whacked the engine off, checked the time, brilliant, not even 08:30am and we have problems, grrr.

So I was about to grab my spare t-shirts to start mopping up, but thanks to Andrew (unijacko67) he went and told the marshals who came over and did it all for me - couldn't have been better, they mopped up, put sand down, gave me a load of absorbent rally pads, and then offered to jet wash my engine bay to save it being spread about, which we did. Spot on. Thats better.

From there on in, the car ran perfectly, many thanks for the journey that my car has been on - mainly thanks to cosmick for his constant help and assistance, but equally so to Mat Gilmore @ ProComp - him and his Dad have single handedly turned my car from being a jalopy to drive, to a machine. Cannot recommend and thank them enough for their hard work last October… sorry its took so long to see the proof in the pudding, but Andrew (unijacko67) will vouch for how it handles despite everything else…

Anyway - enough of my ramblings, top day, cool, warmed up in the afternoon, no rain, put my slicks on - they were also awesome - in the process now of getting the photos up, and videos onto YouTube

My brother in law turned up, and he managed to get a cracking shot of my with my front wheels off the floor at the top of the mountain he's gone away until Monday, so I took a shot of the back of his camera - cracking catch this - I know Jon Ison has a very similar shot, but his front wheels are much further off the tarmac

[Edited on 8/3/14 by yellowcab]

yellowcab

posted on 8/3/14 at 07:00 PM Reply With Quote
Some of Nicks photos from xtremesportsphotography

Cracking panning shot this, love the new nose from this angle

Through the woods

Uh ho, up Park straight towards Park Corner

Coming out of Barn Corner

Switching on my GoPro…

In between Barn & Coppice

Hall bends

cosmick

posted on 8/3/14 at 08:39 PM Reply With Quote
Hi Olz,

Now you know that you check the oil level on a dry sumped engine after you have started it and not before, Lol.
Congratulations on your first track day of 2014. Even more praise for driving your new trailer to the circuit. The car has worked well, the trailer looks and works brilliantly, and it was a beautiful day to top it off. Apart from the full race Scuby, it was the fastest thing out there.
Our hard work and literally burning the midnight oil has paid off. Well done. A pat on the back for both of us.

Cosmick

If it can't be fixed with a hammer then its probably an electrical problem.

daniel mason

posted on 8/3/14 at 11:01 PM Reply With Quote
nice work mate. trailer looks great! see you at blyton on saturday. im going friday night and stopping in car. pm me if your thinking of doing the same and ill meet you there! cheers

yellowcab

posted on 9/3/14 at 03:09 AM Reply With Quote
First time at Cadwell Park for me in the Busa, last time I was here I was driving the Nova!

Worth a full watch for those loving bike engine'd cars... Speakers up, for some reason the first two laps remind me of greyhound racing, letting me out the stocks to catch the bait, the Civic and the two MX5's… on freezing cold slicks mind, hence slow to begin with...

Then 2m 12s is awesome… MX5, MX5, Golf GTi, Megane & Clio all on the start/finish straight heading into Coppice…

Then wait for the fastest Saxo I've come across to make an appearance, fantastic tussle, albeit I was naughty to chase on a trackday, all in the name of fun.

Brilliant trackday by Javelin, recorded on a GoPro HD Hero 2

Get sharing people

http://youtu.be/pCpuIh9ZLCA

yellowcab

posted on 9/3/14 at 06:16 PM Reply With Quote
Some photos took by my brother in law, love the shots through the woods…

My fave

Some GoPro screen grabs

rdodger

posted on 9/3/14 at 06:20 PM Reply With Quote
Nice to see the golf giving you plenty of room.... NOT!
Digimon

posted on 9/3/14 at 07:30 PM Reply With Quote
Brilliant video

p.s the car trailer looks really good

CosKev3

posted on 9/3/14 at 08:33 PM Reply With Quote
Great pics and vid

You make it look pretty easy passing all those cars, is it the slick tyres that make it so easy?

yellowcab

posted on 9/3/14 at 08:34 PM Reply With Quote
Once the slicks are warm, they certainly help keep the loud pedal in without fear of breaking traction…

I was only on the slicks for 2 outings, the rest of the time I was on the wets which are Yokohama A021Rs

Thanks for the replies guys

daniel mason

posted on 9/3/14 at 08:48 PM Reply With Quote
what battery do you have oli? i run a li-ion at 1kg with a seperate jump start battery and cable so its not having to keep starting the car. saves 6 or 7 kg easily over even a lightweight bike battery. if you fit an electric whinch to your trailer,you can use the starter battery to power that too!

Magic Beans

posted on 10/3/14 at 08:21 AM Reply With Quote
I've been following this thread for some time, since I was looking to buy something as a first foray into Locosts. I'm still kicking myself for not buying this from you, instead opting for a Westfield which has become a PITA..

Amazing build. I love the attention to detail, even on the smallest things. I was very much the same way with my old car, so fully get the mindset when approaching the various tasks.

Needs to find me a Megabusa for sale now...

Phil

yellowcab

posted on 10/3/14 at 04:06 PM Reply With Quote
Dan - I have a Suzuki Hayabusa motorcycle battery on mine - not sure how much it weighs? My biggest unnecessary weight (after my stomach) is now my exhaust can, the Aprillia RSV Mille can must weigh around 11kg I believe, as its known in the bike world as 'the anchor'

My sound test at Cadwell on Saturday was 103db @ 7krpm, which is far far too close to limit for me, so I'm keen to get it quieter, and a lighter (possibly carbon) exhaust can.

I've noticed from my photos that the manifold looks sh!t too, but I don't want to go and spend a lot of money on one when before then end of 2014 is out, I'll have a turbo lol

yellowcab

posted on 10/3/14 at 04:07 PM Reply With Quote
Phil - thanks for your kind words, I had a lot of interest in my car when I put it up for sale, but I was reluctant to budge on price as I was only 50/50 about selling it anyway.

I'm glad I kept it, with how it was handling on Saturday, it was far better than I ever imagined it could be… so happy chappy over here.

Thanks again for your reply & interest

yellowcab

posted on 10/3/14 at 07:52 PM Reply With Quote
Some fantastic pics from Dave Carter - it's amazing what you learn about your car from external photos whilst 'on it'

My rear arches now need tiding up as the Kawasaki green is coming out, and my exhaust can needs replacing as its burning the carbon lol

Also, my drivers front wheel I think has a bit too much negative camber

Squatting going up the mountain

Stewarts 244bhp Saxo chase heading up the mounting

yellowcab

posted on 16/3/14 at 11:03 AM Reply With Quote
Best viewed in 1080p HD in full screen with speakers up

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5weX0k4WLYQ&list=UUCpP5dFARRhF0vlmAKtEF4A

Digimon

posted on 16/3/14 at 04:03 PM Reply With Quote
Nice video, that tiger goes well
CosKev3

posted on 16/3/14 at 04:50 PM Reply With Quote
Great vids

Nearly ended in tears chasing that orange kit car!!!

<<  27    28    29    30    31    32    33  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.