New Topic New Poll New Reply
Author: Subject: 2004 MK Indy Busa Project
yellowcab

posted on 19/5/12 at 06:57 PM Reply With Quote
knackered, tired, cold, itchy...

hashtag/ihateloftinsulationwithapassion

yellowcab

posted on 19/5/12 at 07:33 PM Reply With Quote
couple of progress pics of partial plaster boarding, the centre piece left as thats where generator & exhaust extraction ducting will exit the garage

walls will be painted white same as flooring

bit left to do - taking longer than i anticipated but I wasn't originally intending on following the angle of the garage roof

and my car fits in with plenty of space - yay!

yellowcab

posted on 23/5/12 at 11:04 PM Reply With Quote
finally finished... feels like it's took forever

So after building some work benches, we decided to clear out because it'd be rude not to have a little photoshoot in the studio lol

rb968

posted on 23/5/12 at 11:09 PM Reply With Quote
Shangri-la mate.

Lovely photos as well. Not jealous at all

Rich

RK

posted on 23/5/12 at 11:32 PM Reply With Quote
That is just rude. I'm sorry, but children are on here from time to time.

Well done all round! Fancy a trip to Canada to do mine like that? While yer at it, you can make my car look like that too.

cosmick

posted on 24/5/12 at 07:16 PM Reply With Quote
Judging by the colour of your tyres, i think you should have waited for the paint to dry before driving in to your new spangly garage. Your car looks lost in there. Hang on, how did it get in there with no clutch?

If it can't be fixed with a hammer then its probably an electrical problem.

cosmick

posted on 24/5/12 at 07:20 PM Reply With Quote
I have seen these kind of photo booths before, All white with white walls to photograph cars in and so on. I don't think this is a garage at all. I think this is a photo booth.

Proby

posted on 24/5/12 at 08:06 PM Reply With Quote
Very will be a shame to get it dirty in there!
tegwin

posted on 24/5/12 at 09:06 PM Reply With Quote
Nice garage. Are you going to insulate the roof? Seems odd to do the walls but not the ceiling :-)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

yellowcab

posted on 25/5/12 at 07:02 PM Reply With Quote
the plasterboarding is purely for aesthetics really and being able to reduce echo, we only got the insulation because it was free... so the intention wasn't trying to keep heat in as such... i hear what you're saying though, but wouldn't want to board the roof as it'll reduce the little height even moreso

Pat_T

posted on 12/6/12 at 09:28 PM Reply With Quote
any updates?

www.instagram.com/patroclueus

maccmike

posted on 12/6/12 at 09:55 PM Reply With Quote
I f'kin hate you!
yellowcab

posted on 13/6/12 at 08:00 AM Reply With Quote
Update is, clutch is fixed and put back together with uprated clutch springs.

Feels solid, very bitey, and clutch pedal even more stiff than before now - but have been advised by Mike that I need to move the fulcrum down towards the floor (pivot) point in order to get a easier pedal, and more forgiveness on bite point...

That's just a 'for now' until I get a new clutch MC...

Other than that - efforts have turned towards the garage, it's pretty much done now )

yellowcab

posted on 13/6/12 at 08:14 PM Reply With Quote
most boring update ever - but i bought a 17" Longacre mirror, and got advised to make my own brackets, so I did lol

Not great, nor pretty, but it holds the mirror nice and secure... just need to file the undersides off to match the contour of the mirror sticky out bits

these bits the lugs that hang down just need filing down

drilled a second hole in the mirror itself so it tilts slightly towards the driver, so i can see over my right shoulder

Like so... fitting it straight gives you lots of rear passenger viewing, but no rear drivers...

hashtag/thatisall

yellowcab

posted on 13/6/12 at 08:17 PM Reply With Quote
infact i'm going to remove the brackets, and make the holes elongated so i can pull the passenger side of the mirror out moreso

cosmick

posted on 13/6/12 at 08:25 PM Reply With Quote
You Tart!!!!! Men are supposed to scratch their balls when they sit in a car not do their make up or keep looking at themselves in the mirror. Well done for getting the clutch back together and the car back on the road.

yellowcab

posted on 13/6/12 at 08:31 PM Reply With Quote
All thanks to you Mike - thanks for your constant help and support - you still on the premium rate 0891 number?

You can 'just' see the air box in the pic from the back of the car looking forward )

yellowcab

posted on 13/6/12 at 08:38 PM Reply With Quote
Oh I've just found some dead old photos from doing the clutch

After spending hours and hours on the phone to Mike - I have it together again

Advised by the god himself to buy these clutch pawls from Radical - so I did... haven't a clue what they do - apparently take the 'ramp' out of the clutch, but I'm buggered if I can feel any difference

Misses popped to Asda, and asked me to watch the boy for a couple of hours, so he mucked in... 3 weeks old FTW

New dry sump pan from westfield at a bargain price from eBay

test run - pulled over to check for leaks, noises, leaks, leaks, leaks, noises - but there were none (note - air box mike)

that is all

[Edited on 13/6/12 by yellowcab]

yellowcab

posted on 15/6/12 at 10:57 PM Reply With Quote
So after meeting Mike (the god) at Stoneleigh, he advised me to scrap the air box construction idea considering there was a much simpler way of sorting my induction noise out... fit a standard Busa air box, so I did

Finished the final de-taxi'ing of the car now, some might have liked the decals, I personally didn't, so yay - I'm "just another yellow kit car" now

[Edited on 15/6/12 by yellowcab]

cosmick

posted on 16/6/12 at 09:55 AM Reply With Quote
The car is starting to look really good now and slowly ironing out all the little niggles. One point to share is the airbox is not Hayabusa but GSX R with the same diameter intake rubbers. Cheaper to buy and same volume. Get the intake hooked up to the air scoop and have some ram effect next. Have you done the clutch pedal mod yet?

[Edited on 16/6/12 by cosmick]

yellowcab

posted on 16/6/12 at 10:16 AM Reply With Quote
Thanks Micky Blue Eyes... the car is 'slowly' getting to where I want it to be...

Pedal is on the agenda - along with some long awaited track days!

perksy

posted on 16/6/12 at 03:51 PM Reply With Quote
That looks very nice indeed
and so much better without the stripes imho

Gti6boy

posted on 16/6/12 at 04:32 PM Reply With Quote
I love your car so much

I just purchased the same but chopped down the brackets to as small as they could go. The passenger side was cut 10mm bigger as I had the same problem

yellowcab

posted on 16/6/12 at 04:51 PM Reply With Quote
Ahhh you're much posher than me with your proper brackets! lol

yellowcab

posted on 21/6/12 at 06:26 AM Reply With Quote
Finally after owning the car for 11 weeks, I've booked the first 'track' day

Off to RAF Barkston Heath on Saturday for their Autotest/ Slalom/ Drift day at an airfield, which is perfect for what I want in practising in the car, and getting it setup to how I want.

I'd only get black-flagged at Donington for 'testing' / pushing limits, and the boys in blue seem also to have a problem if you do it on the road - so seems ideal.

Myself, a friend in his drift MX5 and Col 'ReMan' are all going up to get wet! wahooo

So I managed to find some crabby wheels with tyres to stick on the rear for hooning around as I don't want to send my R888s up in smoke, it was a gamble as I didn't actually know what setup was on the car already... so bought these Borbets for £30 with 3 tyres

They fit, so thats a bonus, but only on the rear - the front cycle wings are so tight around the 195-50-15 tyres at the front, that these 195-60-15 tyres foul - that doesn't matter, just means that I will run crappy tyres to trash on the rear

Fit OK, 4x108 stud pattern, ET40, 6J 15

Gave them a clean up - and getting one tyre removed, and putting my Maxi Tarmac rally tyres on two of them for when I want some rear wheel grip lol

Also bought a Go-Pro HD Hero2 Motorsport Edition camera, and then got ripped off by having to buy a roll cage mount lol - so I'll have some footage of me not being able to to drive lol

<<  5    6    7    8    9    10    11  >>
New Topic New Poll New Reply

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.