Printable Version | Subscribe | Add to Favourites
<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll
Author: Subject: GTS still trading?
AdamR

posted on 7/5/09 at 09:50 AM
GTS still trading?

Anyone know if GTS are still trading? I'm after an up-to-date phone number/email address for Darren as the contact details on the website are out of date.

Ta

adam1985

posted on 7/5/09 at 09:52 AM
i emailed them last week with them details and he got straight back to me
AdamR

posted on 7/5/09 at 09:55 AM
Yeah, I just got a response within 10 minutes, just after posting. But the phone number doesn't appear to be working - perhaps he's just got it switched off.

[Edited on 7/5/09 by AdamR]

tegwin

posted on 7/5/09 at 10:09 AM
Anyone have any idea how he was getting on with his GT40 replica? It looked quite interesting the last time I saw any details on it!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Would the last person who leaves the country please switch off the lights and close the door!

www.verticalhorizonsmedia.tv

Mr Whippy

posted on 7/5/09 at 10:14 AM
quote:
Originally posted by tegwin
Anyone have any idea how he was getting on with his GT40 replica? It looked quite interesting the last time I saw any details on it!

been no update for quite a while on his website

Fame is when your old car is plastered all over the internet

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
eddie99

posted on 7/5/09 at 10:28 AM
U2u me for a new working number for darren
NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
thunderace

posted on 7/5/09 at 03:57 PM
gts still trading

was hoping he was in jail for riping people off darren.

yes i was a victim

flak monkey

posted on 7/5/09 at 06:55 PM
quote:
Originally posted by tegwin

When I spoke to him a couple of weeks ago they were putting finishing touches to the bodywork and nearly had a completed car.

Sera

http://www.motosera.com

eddie99

posted on 8/5/09 at 02:41 PM
About the GT40, he is supposedly nearly finished and has a few orders already for it to be delivered very soon.
NOTE:This user is registered as a LocostBuilders trader and may offer commercial services to other users
DM

posted on 8/5/09 at 06:27 PM
quote:
Originally posted by thunderace
gts still trading

yes i was a victim

I do find it shocking that he is still allowed to trade. Yes, he ripped me off as well.

I sincerely hope it all catches up with him one day.

prawnabie

posted on 8/5/09 at 09:56 PM
My names shaun and I was a victim too....
jeffw

posted on 9/5/09 at 07:01 AM
A friend of mine tried to send the bailiffs round but he had moved (again) and it would require more money spent at the courts to send them round to the new address.

I'm shocked that trading standards can't shut him down ( I assume you've all complained to trading standards and taken him through the courts ?)

oudakontrol

posted on 9/5/09 at 10:56 AM
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by thunderace
gts still trading

yes i was a victim
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do find it shocking that he is still allowed to trade. Yes, he ripped me off as well.

I sincerely hope it all catches up with him one day.

Its amazing how someone can keep shafting people and get away with it in your country. I will hopefully have some good news for me anyway shortly so stay tuned get your pop corn as I will let the whole world know...

Someone did tell me never trust a man with two first names ! ! !

oudakontrol

posted on 9/5/09 at 10:58 AM
quote:

About the GT40, he is supposedly nearly finished and has a few orders already for it to be delivered very soon.

You may pay the money but they won't be delivered very soon !

eddie99

posted on 9/5/09 at 04:30 PM
Darren hasnt moved recently at all, hes still near Canterbury in Kent. As i said, if you want to contact and speak to him, get your bits U2U me.
oudakontrol

posted on 10/5/09 at 10:10 AM
Thats great Eddie that you can see him you must live close. The unfortunate part for a lot of unsatisfied customers is that dropping in to see him is just not possible. I have sent 27 emails to him and tried to call 62 times, I know this as I have been asked to keep a count. I have a copy of his last email and that states I would get my parts in 7 - 10 days, this was eighteen months ago.
Your legal system is slow but have been told it is very effective ! I will let you know how effective.
If anyone wants to know who to speak to regarding this person U2U me. The more the merrier as numbers speak...

DM

posted on 10/5/09 at 11:48 AM
quote:
Originally posted by oudakontrol
I have sent 27 emails to him and tried to call 62 times, I know this as I have been asked to keep a count.

I have an email from him in which he acknowledges that he owes me goods but says he decided not to give them to me. I could easily win a court judgement against him but the time effort and cost in doing so just isnt worth it to me.

Instead I go out of my way to advise others that he is not to be trusted and no one should risk doing business with him. There are far too many honest and decent people in the industry to chance it with this joker.

oudakontrol

posted on 11/5/09 at 04:18 AM
quote:

I have an email from him in which he acknowledges that he owes me goods but says he decided not to give them to me. I could easily win a court judgement against him but the time effort and cost in doing so just isnt worth it to me.

Instead I go out of my way to advise others that he is not to be trusted and no one should risk doing business with him. There are far too many honest and decent people in the industry to chance it with this joker.

Take him to court as he pays your legal costs plus interest at 8% after the claim has been submitted and his ignorance shows that this amount will increase dramatically. The County Court system is the way to go and if no one does it ignorant people like this trader get away with ripping good people off.

[Edited on 11/5/09 by oudakontrol]

flak monkey

posted on 11/5/09 at 07:11 AM
Rally Design still deal with GTS to supply their kit car parts, so it can't all be that bad. I doubt they would take slow or non delivery.

I have said it before, but I'll say it again as its been a long time, its all about the way in which you deal with some people.

Eddies offer of contacting GTS for people who are having trouble is very generous, and maybe worth taking up for those few who are having issues.

Sera

procomp

posted on 11/5/09 at 07:29 AM
Hi

But why is there a vast difference in quality between the parts brought from Rally desighn and the same parts brought from Darren. IE Westfield wide track for instance.

Ps it's a usless desighn anyhow.

Cheers Matt

View User's Profile E-Mail User Visit User's Homepage View All Posts By User U2U Member
flak monkey

posted on 11/5/09 at 08:49 AM
quote:
Originally posted by procomp
Hi

But why is there a vast difference in quality between the parts brought from Rally desighn and the same parts brought from Darren. IE Westfield wide track for instance.

Ps it's a usless desighn anyhow.

Cheers Matt

Hi Matt,

Wasnt aware that there was any difference between the GTS design and the Rally Design one. They are (or at least should) be identical as they are GTS parts. Sold by both companies.

What's wrong with the design? The GTS wishbones are generally considered to be one of the better designed...

Sera

Triton

posted on 11/5/09 at 09:33 AM
Nowt as far as I'm aware maybe Matt means the wide track westy version?
oudakontrol

posted on 11/5/09 at 11:00 AM
quote:

Eddies offer of contacting GTS for people who are having trouble is very generous, and maybe worth taking up for those few who are having issues.

There you go Eddie see what you can do. See if Darren wants to contact the people "those few" more like majority he has ripped off and give them their money back. Then let everyone know what his response was.

Its realy sad what is stated below..."reckoned that Locostbuilders members only represented a very small minority of his customer base", so does he mean everyone that uses this forum is not worthy enough to be treated like a person, says a lot for the way his majesty thinks !
He didn't like ebay for some reason either, or was that the other way around ?

Hellfire

posted on 11/5/09 at 11:40 AM
Darren George fell out with this forum a few years ago and vowed never to read it again due a lot of adverse publicity he was getting. IIRC, he reckoned that Locostbuilders members only represented a very small minority of his customer base and that his business would be unaffected by the loss of their custom.

As he is still trading three years on, it looks like he may have been right, although that's no consolation to those who are still waiting for parts/refunds..........

Phil

procomp

posted on 11/5/09 at 01:42 PM
Hi

No it's the desighn of the GTS widetrack that is a joke. It takes the wheel to damper movement ratio out of the window. Any of the lower end priced dampers require a small amount of movement befor the damping actualy starts to take place. But by increasing that ratio too far as in that desighn it means that the first 6mm or so of wheel movement is not being damped / controlled. Basically means by fitting the kit to the car you then need to spend a min of £250 ea on dampers to control the problem you have just created by fitting the kit.

The point was that when the kit is purchased from Rally desighn it is of a better finish and quality that it is from GTS direct. Almost makes you think that it is made else where other than GTS possibly.

Cheers Matt

<<  1    2    3    4  >>
New Topic New Poll

go to top

Website design and SEO by Studio Montage

All content © 2001-16 LocostBuilders. Reproduction prohibited
Opinions expressed in public posts are those of the author and do not necessarily represent
the views of other users or any member of the LocostBuilders team.
Running XMB 1.8 Partagium [© 2002 XMB Group] on Apache under CentOS Linux
Founded, built and operated by ChrisW.